Human Resources Generalist
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Montreal, Quebec
We are looking to expand our team! Dehumidified Air Solutions is home to the industry’s most respected HVAC dehumidification brands: Dectron, PoolPak, Seresco Dehumidifiers, Agronomic IQ and Dehumidified Air Services. These brands create optimal indoor air quality (IAQ) conditions through temperature and humidity control. We are seeking a Human Resources Generalist for our Montreal facility.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, while working with a great deal of independence, the Human Resources Generalist is accountable for providing advice, guidance, and support with all HR functions at the Montreal location. This role is responsible for recruitment and selection, employee engagement, performance management, HR policies, procedures and programs, and organizational effectiveness.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide advice, guidance, and assistance on human resources functions in a team environment, including recruitment and selection, policy development, employee relations, and other related activities.
- Ensures consistent application of human resources policies, procedures, and programs.
- Responsible for correspondence relating to new employee enrolment, employee reassignment, terminations, benefits and monitoring of probationary period.
- Research, develop and provide recommendations on the creation of new job descriptions or review and updates to existing job descriptions.
- Provide guidance on strategic practices aimed at promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion through all elements for the recruitment process.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices
- Provide guidance on issues related to workplace relations and performance management.
- Completes preliminary inquiries for employee relations issues, gathering and documenting data from managers and employees and escalate as appropriate
- Provide advice and assistance on policies, procedures, legislation, and risk management.
- Assist managers with the implementation of recommendations from organizational reviews; assist department managers with organizational design issues and with determining potential impacts on positions and compensation.
- Supports HR departmental projects and initiatives such as annual salary reviews, policy, and program implementations
- Build strong, collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop, maintain and be a role model for a culture among staff that is open to change and supports continuous quality improvement, collaboration, respect, and accountability.
3-5 years’ experience in payroll and benefits administration
CHRP designation (desirable but not necessary)
Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to remain calm, professional, and courteous always
Excellent time management and organizational skills
Excellent attention to detail
Strong communication and problem-solving skills
Familiarity with ADP software
Ability to work independently in a highly confidential environment
Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities and a heavy workload
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Medical coverage
- Pharmaceutical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Ongoing training
- 401(k) matching
How to Apply
We invite all interested candidates to send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you’re applying for in the subject line of your email.
Thank you to all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.