Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Location: Ottawa, ON (With remote possibilities)
Dehumidified Air Solutions is composed of the leading dehumidification brands. We manufacture the industry’s most reliable, innovative, technologically advanced dehumidification equipment so that owners, contractors, and engineers can create the optimal indoor environments for the communities they serve.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Content Writer will be responsible for the content creation, coordination, and execution of all marketing content for multiple digital properties, media management execution, and sales support materials.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
As a Content Writer, you’ll be responsible for a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Manage content calendar across all pool brands and channels.
- Create content aimed at customer engagement, driving sales and maximizing profitability.
- Regularly update the brand-specific WordPress websites and social channels, report on analytics. (DAS marketing currently oversees 12 websites, both public and private channels, 4 LinkedIn pages as well as a learning management system (LMS) for 4 brands).
- Engage key stakeholders for new content for product marketing, educational content, SEO-content, social, and campaign-related projects.
- Manage the entire content production lifecycle, from planning to production ensuring that it aligns with each brand’s voice, goals, and audience and with the goal of improving the client journey and customer experience.
- Proof content, fact-check, and optimize all marketing content before publishing on social, for web and print.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Coordinator to create content for assets including video, infographics, social media visuals, landing pages, ads, monthly newsletters, articles, blogs and other digital and print materials.
- Research various online channels for subjects and trending news stories to inform new campaigns and content ideas.
- Manage and create content for email marketing campaigns and collaborate with sales, operations, and the marketing team to develop effective sales materials.
- Pitch editors and publishers to generate media coverage and other PR opportunities for syndication.
- Work with partners and customers to create co-branded content and develop high-performing co-marketing campaigns.
- Report on omni-channel content performance and use analytics to inform new ideas.
- Willingness to change into other areas/roles within the marketing team as required.
Education and Experience Qualifications
Our ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Education in Marketing, communications, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct work experience in a content creation role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong knowledge of various platforms such as WordPress, LMS, CRM (Salesforce or other).
- Experience in web marketing, SEO, and copywriting and digital analytics. (Google and other)
- Proven ability to prepare marketing materials with effective strategy, copy and creativity.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to convey innovative ideas, as well as to build trust and cultivate strategic relationships.
- A positive, achievement-oriented attitude, with ability to anticipate and adapt to departmental needs in a proactive and strategic manner.
Strong project management skills:
- Pushing yourself and others to achieve results and exceed goals.
- Being resourceful, energetic, and taking initiative.
Analytical and problem-solving skills:
- Effectively understanding and interpreting information.
- Identifying issues and resolving problems in a timely manner using creativity and good judgment.
Strong organizational and time management skills:
- Having strong multitasking skills; being able to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Being organized enough to run several writing projects at the same time.
- Being versatile, flexible, and willing to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Being able to self-prioritize tasks and responsibilities accordingly.
- Being able to consistently meet deadlines on time.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Medical coverage
- Pharmaceutical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Ongoing training
- RRSP matching
How to Apply
We invite all interested candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you’re applying for in the subject line of your email.
Thank you to all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.