Senior Accounting Manager
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Montreal, QC
This position is responsible for the entirety of the accounting and statutory reporting processes of Dehumidified Air Solutions (DAS). This role will ensure compliance with appropriate accounting regulations and policies, establish a robust internal control environment while seeking to continuously improve the ways in which work gets accomplished.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
CONTROLLING AND MONITORING
- Ensure full compliance with Madison and Internal Audit requirements by initiating policies and procedures that facilitate this.
- Responsible for safe keeping and proper utilization of all divisional assets, including Inventory, Capital Assets, etc.
- Manage credit and collections to ensure compliance with Madison guidelines and improve cash flow
- Manage relationships with suppliers to ensure payments are made accurately, on-time and can support the cash flow needs of the business
- Ensure contracts are executed in accordance with corporate guidelines/polices
- Ensure contracts are in line with DAS goals and objectives
- Manage functions and staff of the Accounting Manager department through a supervisor and support staff.
- Agree on personal objectives of staff and monitor and provide ongoing support to ensure achievement
- Conduct annual performance reviews
- Encourage ongoing employee development through educational upgrade and job improvement.
- Meet annual Accounting Department budget
REPORTING AND AUDITS
- Ensure statutory reporting requirements are met for all required entities
- Manage audit needs for external regulators
- Work with Madison Industries tax team to ensure compliance with legal entity structure
- CPA preferred
- At least 6+ years experience – preferably in public accounting and a manufacturing environment
- Capable of navigating a matrixed organizational structure
- Knowledgeable in Canadian tax law, IFRS and US GAAP
- Experienced in working with ERPs, MRPs and product costing
- Strong communication skills in English and French
- Proven capability to lead and develop teams
- Accounting or Finance Bachelor’s Degree
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information
- Ability to maintain composure during high pressure situations
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Medical coverage
- Pharmaceutical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Ongoing training
- RRSP matching
How to Apply
We invite all interested candidates to send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position you’re applying for in the subject line of your email.
Thank you to all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted