Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Montreal (VSL)
Job Description: Part of the Mechanical Engineering, Product Development team the Unit Designer utilizes the company’s existing cabinet architecture to accommodate new systems and designs and is responsible for extending the cabinet system as required.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Designs sheet metal parts, assemblies and 3D pipe routing using Autodesk Inventor;
- Generates manufacturing documentation (BOMs, bending drawings, assembly instructions, submittal drawings, piping schematics);
- Generates basis of design documentation to keep track of design intent;
- Develops and tests prototypes;
- Creates new projects efficiently by reusing existing system design;
- Works closely with colleagues in the product development department;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering;
- 1-5 years of experience working with a 3D CAD software (Autodesk Inventor – asset);
- Experience working in a design and manufacturing environment;
- Experience working or studying in HVAC – asset;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products;
- Experience with VBA – asset;
- Experience with a simulation and FEA software – asset;
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering design fundamentals;
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills to be able to explain concepts clearly and concisely;
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment and on multiple projects concurrently;
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French;
- Able to travel occasionally to other manufacturing plants (Ottawa, Ontario and York, Pennsylvania).
How to Apply:
We invite all interested candidates to send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you’re applying for in the subject line of your email.
February 14, 2020